MetaLife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
Latest topics
» List of weapons approved (after test)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm by 7Sins Admin

» MetaLife FAQ
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 am by 7Sins Admin

» MetaLife License
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 am by 7Sins Admin

» MetaLife Feature List, version 1.21
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am by 7Sins Admin

» NEU MetaLIfe 2 Bedienungsanleitung (deutsch)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 am by 7Sins Admin

» NOUVEAU MetaLife2 manuel d'instruction (français)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am by 7Sins Admin

» NEW MetaLIfe 2 Manual (English)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am by 7Sins Admin

» NUOVO MetaLIfe 2 - manuale di istruzioni (italiano)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 am by 7Sins Admin

» NUOVO - manuale di istruzioni (italiano)
Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:43 am by 7Sins Admin

Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts

2 posters

Go down

Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts Empty Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts

Post  TobyTendaze Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi,

I need some "Modern" ranged weapon scripts for use with MetaLife. Our Roleplay involves a mix of both melee and ranged weaponry. In particular I need scripts suitable for use in pistols and rifles. I envision both coming in several combat modes.

Pistols would have a shorter range and do less damage.

Burst Mode: Fires 3 shots in rapid succession, less dmg and accuracy
Semi Auto: Fires one shot at a time, more accurate than burst mode

Running and firing at the same time should wield low accuracy
walking and firing better accuracy
standing still and firing should cause the best accuracy

Special feature "Aim" That forces an avatar to be still [and trigger a pose/animation] that gives the best shot accuracy. (e.g. kneeling/prone position)

Rifles

Semi-automatic [Sniper mode], Burst, Fully automatic with all the same rules above... accuracy decreases with motion with perhaps a forced "aim" feature.

Rifles have much longer range than pistols, tend to do more damage except in full auto mode [aka spray and pray] which are only effective in close from a damge over time perspective.

Is it possible to make a weapon script that refers to a player's role? For instance, werewolf claws that will only function if the player's role is a Werewolf? Or restrict certain classes of players to pistols only, etc.

Additional non-combat related stats to Metalife?

This is for a roleplay sim and I want to support stats like lock picking, computer hacking, etc. I really don't want to require multiple huds or systems to accomdate this. Is there some way the RegionSim can allow "extra" stats to be included in player class/roll templates and the data preserved so that ML can actually provided integrated enriched roleplay?

We can fund development work, please contact me privately with rates and terms.

Thanks!

TobyTendaze

Back to top Go down

Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts Empty Re: Requests for Enhancements / Weapon Scripts

Post  Tala Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 am

Hi, Toby!

TobyTendaze wrote:
Is it possible to make a weapon script that refers to a player's role? For instance, werewolf claws that will only function if the player's role is a Werewolf? Or restrict certain classes of players to pistols only, etc.

This is work in progress, we're still working on a reasonable implementation of this idea into the ML meter. I'm optimistic that such a feature will be available soon.

TobyTendaze wrote:
Additional non-combat related stats to Metalife?

This is for a roleplay sim and I want to support stats like lock picking, computer hacking, etc. I really don't want to require multiple huds or systems to accomdate this. Is there some way the RegionSim can allow "extra" stats to be included in player class/roll templates and the data preserved so that ML can actually provided integrated enriched roleplay?

At the moment we are planning to allow extra "abilities" per role. These abilities can be defined by the sim admin and it should be a fairly general framework. This is important, since ML should work in many RP environments. There are no concrete plans at the moment to include mechanism for increasing stats for such abilities - although ideas on this are welcome. Feel free to discuss it here in the forum or contact me in PM or in-world.

Bye,
Tala Nagy

Tala
Admin

http://metalife.powerrpg.net

Back to top Go down